lundi 12 mars 2018

Avoir l'oeil !


 une photo de Ching Yang Tung 

There is a story about a young man in Japan who wanted to be the greatest martial artist of the land. He thought that to reach this goal, he must study with the best instructor, who lived many miles away.

One day he left home to go study with this great teacher. After traveling for several days, he arrived at the school and was given an audience with the teacher. "What do you wish to learn from me?" the master asked.

"I want you to teach me your art and help me become one of the best martial artist's in the country," the young man replied. "How long must I study?"

"Ten years at least," the master answered.

The young man thought, ten years is a lot of time. I want to get his done sooner than that. I don't have that much time. Certainly if I try harder I can complete this task quicker. So he asked the master, "What if I studied twice as hard as everyone else? How long would it take then?"

"Then it would take twenty years," replied the master.

The young man thought, 'That's even longer! I don't want to spend twenty years learning something. I've got other things to do with my life. Certainly if I tried really hard I could learn it much quicker'.

So the young man asked again, "What if I practiced day and night with all my effort, then how long would it take?"

"Thirty years," was the master's response.

The young man became confused and wondered why the master kept telling him it would take longer. He asked the master "How is it that each time I say I will work harder, you tell me that it will take longer?"

"The answer is simple: With one eye focused on your destination, there is only one eye left with which to find the way," the master said.
Author Unknown

C'est l'histoire d'un jeune japonais qui voulait devenir le plus grand des Maître d'arts martiaux de son pays . Pour atteindre ce but il se dit qu'il devait étudier avec le meilleur instructeur possible  qui  vivait  loin. 

Un jour il quitta sa maison pour aller travailler avec ce professeur si réputé . Après un voyage de plusieurs jours il arriva à l'école et fut reçu en audience. -" Que veux-tu apprendre de moi ? "  lui demanda le Maître 
- "Je veux que vous me transmettiez votre art et que vous m'aidiez a devenir le meilleur artiste en arts martiaux du pays, lui répondit le jeune homme . Combien de temps devrais-je étudier ? "
- "10 ans au moins"  dit le Maître 
Le jeune homme se dit que 10 ans c'était bien long . " Je veux acquérir ça au plus vite  , je n'ai pas tant de temps à m'y consacrer . Surement, si je travaille plus je peux atteindre mon but en moins de temps" se disait-il 
Aussi il demanda au Maître : " Si j'étudie deux fois plus vite que les autres , alors combien de temps cela me prendra-t-il ? "
-"Alors ça te prendra 20 ans" lui répondit le Maître 
Le jeune homme insista et demanda encore : -" Et si j'étudie jour et nuit de toutes mes forces , alors combien de temps ça me prendra ? "
-" 30 ans alors" fut la réponse du Maître 
Le jeune homme se sentait confus et se demandait pourquoi le Maître lui disait que ça prendrait de plus en plus de temps . Il demanda : -" Comment se fait -il qu'à chaque fois que je m'engage à travailler plus vous me dites que ca prendra de plus en plus de temps ? " 

-"La réponse est simple dit le Maître :-" Avec un oeil fixé sur la destination , il ne t'en reste qu'un pour trouver ton chemin "

Aucun commentaire: