lundi 5 juin 2017

Isaac et le Rabbin

 


Everyone in his community adored the rabbi; they were all enchanted with everything he said. Except for Isaac that is, who never missed an opportunity to contradict the rabbi's interpretations, or to point out errors in the rabbi's teaching. The others in the community were disgusted by Isaac's behavior.
One day Isaac died. During the funeral the community noticed that the rabbi looked very sad. After the funeral someone asked the rabbi why he was so sad, as Isaac found fault with everything the rabbi did.  
"I'm not sad for my friend, who is now in heaven," replied the rabbi. "I am sad for myself. For while you all revered me, Isaac challenged me and so I was forced to improve. Now that he's gone, I'm afraid that I might stop growing."


Tous dans ma communauté adoraient le rabbin et étaient  enchantés de tout ce qu'il disait . A l'exception d'Isaac qui ne manquait jamais une opportunité de  contredire ses interprétations ou de pointer la moindre erreur de son enseignement ; ce qui ne manquait pas de dégoûter les autres ! 
Un jour Isaac mourut . Pendant la cérémonie la communauté remarqua la grande tristesse du rabbin . Après les funérailles quelqu'un lui demanda pourquoi il était aussi triste alors qu'Isaac ne cessait de critiquer ses faits et gestes 
"Je ne suis pas triste pour mon ami, maintenant au paradis , répondit le rabbin Je suis trite pour moi-même . Car alors que vous me plébiscitiez  tous Isaac lui me chalengeait m'obligeant ainsi à m'améliorer . Maintenant qu'il n'est plus là je crains de cesser de grandir." 

Aucun commentaire: