jeudi 29 mai 2014

Maya Angelou passed away , R.I.P


Thursday, May 28, 2014
Statement from Dr. Maya Angelou’s Family:
Dr. Maya Angelou passed quietly in her home before 8:00 a.m. EST( décalage horaire , ici c'est le 29 déjà ) . Her family is extremely grateful that her ascension was not belabored by a loss of acuity or comprehension. She lived a life as a teacher, activist, artist and human being. She was a warrior for equality, tolerance and peace. The family is extremely appreciative of the time we had with her and we know that she is looking down upon us with love.
Guy B. Johnson

Son dernier message sur Facebook 
An unexpected medical emergency caused me the greatest disappointment of having to cancel my visit to the Major League Baseball Civil Rights Game ceremony. I am so proud to be selected as its honoree. However, my doctors told me it would be unadvisable for me to travel at that time. My thanks to Robin Roberts for speaking up for me and thank you for all your prayers. I am each day better.

and one of her texts :
“I am grateful to have been loved and to be loved
now and to be able to love, because that liberates.
Love liberates. It doesn’t just hold—that’s ego.
Love liberates. It doesn’t bind. Love says, ‘I love
you. I love you if you’re in China. I love you if
you’re across town. I love you if you’re in Harlem.
I love you. I would like to be near you. I’d like
to have your arms around me. I’d like to hear your
voice in my ear. But that’s not possible now, so
I love you. Go.” ~ Dr. Maya Angelou

1 commentaire:

Tarteen a dit…

Quel beau regard ! De ceux qui ne meurent pas.
Belles et fraternelles pensées à sa famille.